It’s mid Q4 and the air is crisp. Black Friday is around the corner, CPM’s are starting to climb and someone *cough*Carlo*cough* keeps playing Michel Bublé’s Christmas playlists on the office Sonos. Here are the latest releases from our partners.
Pinterest ad units expand
Say hello to Pinterest’s latest ad unit: Promoted Carousel. Similar to Facebook’s carousel format you know and love, a 5-card carousel is now available for Pinterest advertisers. The Promoted Carousel is recommended for brand awareness or performance goals like traffic and conversions.
Brands like Toyota, Cheerios, and COVERGIRL, are already making the most out of Promoted Carousels.
Marketers know that attribution can be a struggle. Facebook is trying to simplify things with their latest measurement product, Facebook Attribution.
The goal is to help marketers better understand the incremental value driven by their ads by showing businesses how and where their customers interact at different stages in the funnel. Think of it as a light (more accessible) version of VisualIQ or Neustar’s robust offerings. Enter Multi-touch attribution à la Facebook.
If you are interested, learn more here attribution measurement strategy.
Changes to image sizes on Facebook ad’s
We all know that most content is consumed on Mobile and that we should always be looking to optimize for “lean in” experiences on our phones or tablets. In a bid to support this consumption pattern, Facebook now allows marketers to add image link ads on Facebook with an aspect ratio up to 1:1 (square) in addition to the current landscape aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
We have seen great results with these with our own clients and strongly encourage a test with your own campaigns. Currently works with Image Link Ads; Lead Ads; Collection Ads.
4 Facebook Tips for a successful (Mobile first) Holiday Season
- Select high-quality images that fill up a person’s screen. Call it whatever you want, thumb stopping, eye-catching, just make your audience pause!
- Product is key. What are you selling? Don’t use abstract lifestyle images, show customers the goods!
- Logos. Your audience is scrolling through 100’s potentially 1000’s of posts a day. Get creative with it, but make sure your brand logo is present.
- Take advantage of the new ad products available to you. Use overlays, carousels dynamic pricing overlays. Get the most out of that holiday CPM real estate!!
As an official platform marketing partner of Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and more, AdParlor offers sophisticated media buying and personalized creative services. Learn more about platform releases and how you can make the most out of your holiday campaign.
- Part 1 What’s new from our Partners?
- Part 2 Top Platform updates you need to know – Sept 2018 Edition
- Part 3 Platform Updates you Need to Know: Oct 2018 Edition
- Part 4 Platform Updates you Need to Know: Nov 2018 Edition
- Part 5 Platform Updates you Need to Know: Feb 2019 Edition
- Part 6 Platform Updates you Need to Know: March 2019 Edition
- Part 7 Platform Updates you Need to Know: April 2019 Edition
- Part 8 Platform Updates You Need to Know: May Edition
- Part 9 Platform Updates You Need to Know: June 2019 Edition
- Part 10 Platform Updates You Need to Know: July 2019 Edition
- Part 11 Platform Updates You Need to Know: August 2019 Edition